Monday 31 March 2014

Bioderma Sensibio H2O (+Light Soothing Cream & Eye Contour Gel) First Impression

Hi, there

I hope all my readers have a great day : )
Having sensitive skin, I am picky about things I use, including cleanser. I read many positive reviews about Bioderma Sensibio H2O in the Female Daily Forum, Makeup Alley and many bloggers out there. So when I saw this on Guardian shelf on March 18 days ago, next thing I wanted to do is taking it home.




I paid for IDR 199.000 for this big bottle. Exclusive in Guardian, I got miniature sample of Sensibio Light and a sachet of eye cream. Well, actually there is another exclusive package which consists of Sensibio H2O in big bottle and extra travel size bottle. The smaller bottle is priced IDR 110.000 if u purchase it separately. I was hesitated which one I should choose, in the end I picked the one with miniature tube and sample sachet because I was curious to try them. I never bought anything from this brand before.
.
.
.
Now, I’ll talk about these products one by one.

1. Bioderma Sensibio H2O

The bottle says :
Face & Eyes
Micelle Solution
Sensitive skin
Cleanses, removes make-up, soothes
NON- RINSE – FRAGRANCE FREE
.
.
A BIODERMA innovation, Sensibio H2O gently cleanses and removes make-up from face and eyes. The micelles contained in its formula effectively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaining the cutaneous balance. Soothing active ingredients prevent the skin feeling irritated. Excellent cutaneous and ocular tolerance.
.
.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE : soak a cotton pad. Cleanse/ remove make-up and dry gently.
---------------------------------

Pic from Bioderma web

This product received BEST cosmetic cop rating at Paula Choice web, source :

http://www.paulaschoice.com/beautypedia-skin-care-reviews/by-brand/bioderma/_/Sensibio-H2O

The packaging is simple, plastic transparent bottle. There is plastic seal in the same color attached to the cap to ensure the brand new product. It’s hypoallergenic.
.
.
This looks just like mineral water. It is no colorant, no fragrance, no alcohol, no mineral oil and other possible irritating oil and no additional thickening substances which may lead to clogged pores. I tried it right after I bought it when I got back to home. My skin was in sensitive mode and it felt so gentle. Sensibio H2O did good to remove my medium make up consists of bb cream, powder and or foundation. While removing my make up, this water cleanser also helped to maintain the moisture balance on my skin and it minimized the redness I had. It cleansed and soothed my skin. It did not leave any residue or greasy feeling after use.
.
.
What about it as eye make up remover?
Hmm… it is said to be used also to clean eye area but on my first usage I felt bit soft stinging when I used it around my eye area. I'm not sure, I still have to test it again.

.
.
The Sensibio water is so light and did not leave any oily feeling on my face. But if u thought this alone not enough to cleanse ur face, u can use facial wash after using this cleanser. This cleanser did not dry my skin, in opposite this leave my skin hydrated and soothed. Love it.
Sensibio H2O is for all skin type I think, especially for oily skin that does not like creamy or lotion cleanser that tend to leave residue which lead to greasiness. I have oily- combination skin and I always like water based cleanser like this.
.
.
Ingredients :
WATER (AQUA), PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC GLYCERIDE S, CUCUMIS
SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE,
FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE.
.
.
So, here what I can say.
What I like :
- Water based
- light and non greasy
- removes my make up well (medium non waterproof make up)
- gentle on skin
- superb formula for sensitive skin. No colorant, fragrance, alcohol, mineral oil n other common possible irritants
- suitable for all skin type. Oily, sensitive n acne prone skin will like it too.
- hydrates and soothes

What I don’t like :
- Only available in few drug store in big city in Indonesia.
- Expensive

Repurchase ? Well, this is just my first impression, I haven’t finished half bottle yet, so I haven’t decide. If I have to say, it’s a maybe. For now, I’m quite happy with the performance of this cleanser and I'll continue to finish this bottle.

2. Bioderma Sensibio Light Soothing Cream

Information on the tube :
Soothing Cream
Sensitive Intolerant skin, moisturizes, protects
Normal to combination skin. Fragrance free. Preservative free. Apply over the face and neck.
---------------------------------



It’s in 5 ml tube. I’m lucky to have it as bonus, it’s for Normal to Combination, so it’s within the range of my skin type. I have oily- combination skin. The brochure said that this special package of Bioderma Sensibio with extra bonus is in Guardian exclusive only. Well, I haven’t checked other stores. 
.
.
On the first usage, I apply it at night before bed, on cleansed skin. This is very moisturizing in my opinion. The cream melts into my skin and gives immediate hydration. I have to say that this cream takes long time to absorb. I woke up in the morning with little bit more oily face than usual. Well, turned out that this cream is little too moist for my skin. Guess, I only can use it at night. In the Bioderma Web written that this cream should be used 1 or twice daily on face and neck.
When my skin was at sensitive mode with redness on my cheeks, this cream did help to soothe and calm my skin. When I had dry patches and flaky skin, this cream cleared those problem and provided ultimate moisturization to fill in my thirsty skin.

I have used it several times and I like it. I don't know how much the cost of the full version product.

The tube does not mention the ingredients list so, maybe u can check at Bioderma site.

3. Bioderma Sensibio Eye Contour Gel

Product info from the back of the sachet :
Sensitive
Intolerant Skin
Anti-puffiness
Decongests
And moisturizes
.
.
Soothes feelings of discomfort and irritation. The patented Toleridine complex raises the skin’s tolerance threshold. Light texture. Excellent Ocular tolerance.
Hypoallergenic.
.
.
Ingredients :
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Dimethicone, Polyehtylene, Tridecyl
Trimellitate, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Isostearyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol
Cocoate, Fructooligosaccharides, Mannitol, Xylitol, Caffeine, Sodium
Hyaluronate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Rhamnose, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract,
Acrylates/ C10- 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl
Glyco, 1,2 Hexanediol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethylcellulose.
---------------------------------



The sample has 2 ml product in it. It has white color and light lotion consistency. It’s non fragranced. There is some chemical smell that may come originally from the ingredients inside but it’s faint smell. The gel is soothing, calming, relaxing, refreshing, moisturizing and easy to absorb by my eyes area. I haven’t used many eye creams to compare, but I assure u this is one of the nicest eye treatment around.
I got only sample sachet and dispensed too much on the first use. Well, I massage it all around eye area. Good that it’s non greasy and not sticky even when applied generously. If u have dryness problem on around ur eyes area, u gotta like this product. It also did good at moisturizing without stickiness.
I think I like this Sensibio Eye Contour Gel. My skin around eyes did not have any problem wearing it. After using it at night, in the morning I noticed some improvement on my fatigued eye area. My eye area looked fresher than before.
.
.
This 2 ml sachet lasted longer than I thought. It could go more than 5 usages. I have used it 5 times and there is still some leftover in the sachet that I could use more than 2 times I think.
.
.
Buy the full size ? Well, actually I'd like to. I rarely use eye cream and I don’t know how much does it cost. I know Bioderma is not cheap.  If there’s a discount, maybe I’ll purchase it, he he… This is a good eye skincare.
.
.

Overall, on first impression, I'm pretty satisfied with the performance of these products. It makes me want to browse more into Bioderma brand.

What do u think, readers?

1 comment:

Rodriguez said...



I have seen some other site which more interesting and more benifit one plse see the link which i shared here


Soothing Balm