Sunday 1 April 2012

Skinfood Parsley and Mandarin Toner (For troubled skin)

Skinfood Parsley and Mandarin Toner (For troubled skin) Review

Caution : I'm not yet mastering in English grammar : )
Description on label :
A refreshing toner with Parsley and Mandarin Extracts, produced using nanotechnology, to soothe and prevent skin troubles caused by external stress factors.
To use : After washing your face, gently apply with a cotton pad using outward strokes. Pay close attention to oilier areas such as the T-zone.
Packaging : A 160 ml glass bottle with golden cap, u can see the amount of the product inside



My apologize for the low res pic, I try to make it clear as much as I can with my web cam^^. There u can see the size of toner bottle.
                                           
                                                     The golden cap with the Skinfood logo.

My skin condition was : Combination- oily, sensitive, prone
I bought this toner after using Skinfood Parsley and Mandarin Emulsion for about two months. Actually I wanted to buy full complete range but I was not the type who don’t like to layer skin care so I canceled my plan to buy the essence and the cream. I’ve been googling to find reviews about this line and most of them were suggesting the same thing, to buy emulsion and toner. They said the emulsion is the best seller in this line.
I bought this toner via online shop, coz here in Indonesia, the price in the Skinfood official branch counter was doubled than the price in the original country (Korea). That’s why there are many online shop in here can offer lower price (even half) than if we buy in the counter.
I used the toner mostly in the night before applying emulsion, as u know in my previous review that I use the emulsion as night regime. 

The order is : Facial Wash - - > Skinfood Parsley and Mandarin Toner - - > Skinfood Parsley and Mandarin Emulsion 


This is the appearance under the lamp light




Here is closer look at the color of the toner, bit orange isn't it..

                                     

Texture : Clear Orangey transparent water, moist, non sticky, need time to absorb into skin

The toner helped to soothe my skin, and together with the emulsion they made a perfect couple. They soothed and hydrated my troubled skin. But why this had to be perfumed, colored and contained alcohol  as the top second ingredient ! Can they just made it non colored, non preservatives, non alcohol and non perfumed, that would be much better!
This toner has a strong smell, alcohol-citrusy smell, ugh, too much breathing it would cause me dizzy. I’m a sensitive person who don’t like strong smell in my cosmetic.


U can see the ingredients list in english by opening the back label, there's a sign 'open here' on the bottom right of the label

Here the second layer of the back label in white paper.

Ingredients :
Water, Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Panthenol, Beta-Glucan, Butylene Glycol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Allantoin, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cholesterol, Ceramide 3, Dimethicone, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Petroselinum Sativum (Parsley) Extract, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Fruit Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Taraxacum Platycarpum Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Cl 15985, Parfum.

Ingredients list in Korean version showed the amount of:
Petroselinum Sativum (Parsley) Extract (160, 4 mg)
Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Fruit Extract (160, 4 mg)

Pros imo:
- Help to soothed and hydrated my skin
- packed in glass bottle, kinda like glass better than plastic
- affordable price if I buy via online
- 1 bottle goes long way
- moist but non greasy

Cons imo:
- Strong smell, ugh! Really bothers me, make me dizzy
- need bit more time to absorb well into my skin
- contain alcohol (top second ingredient), perfume, coloring, preservatives

Will I repurchase ? I don’t think so, the parsley and mandarin emulsion already has strong smell and by using this toner, I really had to hold my breath.

Who may like it :
- Combination Oily skin
- don’t mind with the strong smell
- don’t mind the alcohol, perfume, coloring in the ingredients list

Who may not like it :
- Super oily skin (since it’s bit moist)
- don’t like alcohol and perfume in skincare

Note : Every people have different skin condition. Even if u feel like having the similar skin condition as mine, this product may react different. Test a small amount first on some part of ur skin to see ur skin acceptance to this product before continuing to spread it all over ur face.
Hope this review can help : )
If u have questions, or opinion, feel free to share with me by writing comment : )
Have a nice day and stay pretty! 

No comments: