Friday 2 August 2013

The Face Shop Smim Radiating Moisturizing Essence (First Impression)



Hello, dear readers

So sorry, I’ve been neglecting this blog for couple of days. But now I’m coming back with another product post. This time I’ll tell u my first impression about one of skincare from The Face Shop. Actually I’m not huge fan of The Face Shop because I find this brand seems to pouring perfume to almost all of their skincare (or maybe all of them I don’t know).

Actually I had this product couple of months ago. But I just finished writing this now.

(Pic from The Face Shop)  
This is complete products in this line

-----------------------------------

There are not much review I heard about this product, so I collected as much as information I could get.
So here are information I got via internet.


Source 1


Smim Radiating Moisturizing Essence

SKIN TYPE : Normal to Dry Skin

BRAND LINE : Smim Radiating Moisturizing

CONTENT (in Full Size bottle) : 80ml

FUNCTIONAL CARE LINE : Whitening line


Concept : Radiating moisture glow from within

Description
· A radiating essence that contains cloudberries that help regain youthful, glowing skin
· Tibetan mushrooms
· Contains Cloudberry that promotes skin resilience and provides excellent anti-oxidant effects
· Whitening effects (Niacinamide)
· Contains betain, shea butter, sodium hyaluronate that provides skin moisturizing ingredients.

How to use:
Every morning and evening, after using Smim Toner, pump 2~3 times and apply gently onto the entire face in an outward direction. Tap lightly with fingers for full absorption

Source 2

Another commercial source about this line :
Title
SMIM RADIATING MOISTURIZING
Date
2013.02.26


SMIM RADIATING MOISTURIZING
Glowing is not enough. Glow so it reflects!
How do we describe a beauty of 21st century? Silky long hair, beautiful eyes, skinny yet fit body shape. But it adds to nothing when she has terrible skin and this tells how important skin is for a girl to look beautiful. To have your skin glow that catches everybodys attention, SMIM RADIATING line is the answer. The heavens gift for every girl.
SMIM RADIATING line finally arrives in a complete addition of the line. The late comers include the radiating moisturizing toner, emulsion, and the portable mist. The smim line will help you have skin just like a well formed ceramic surface. Skin gets its dermatologist-proved whitening and glowing radiation when absorbed by the complete SMIM line.
The complete radiating & moisturizing smim line now has its family member of 5. The essence and cream are renowned for their award winning glowing effect. In addition to this, the toner, unlike many other toners out there in the skincare market, evens down the outer skin tone and instantly works as the glowing base. Then apply essence as the second stage, adding extra nutrients needed for the skin. Emulsion comes after toner and essence. While the toner and essence help calming the skin tone with abundant skin nutrients, the emulsion is here to make sure skin deeply absorbs its naturally fermented complex, made from cloudberry extracts. When the first three stages are over, comes the cream to coat the top layer of the skin, leaving the skin glowing the whole day and night. The magical mist, however, can be used whenever the face needs it. Before or after makeup, spray the mist whenever necessary to keep the glowing face all day long.

Products
Descriptions
SMIM RADIATING MOISTURIZING ESSENCE
A radiating essence that contains cloudberries that help regain youthful, glowing skin
SMIM RADIATING MOISTURIZING CREAM
An aura radiating moisture cream that makes skin glow with plentiful moisture
(NEW) SMIM RADIATING MOISTURIZING TONER
A toner with sparkling formula that moisturizes and radiates skin
(NEW) SMIM RADIATING MOISTURIZING EMULSION
An emulsion that recharges moisture + radiance to skin without any stickiness
(NEW) SMIM RADIATING MOISTURIZING MIST
A moisturizing mist with 3 functions water radiance + natural radiance + shiny radiance


Source 3

Click this site for the concern about ingredients list.

Water, Glycerin, SD Alcohol 40-B,  Butylene Glycol, Palmitic Acid, Dimethicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Betaine, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter,  Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Extract,  Sodium Hyaluronate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate,  Propylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol,  Yogurt,  Polysorbate 80, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Dimethiconol, Carbomer, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Xanthan Gum, PEG-60 Glyceryl Isostearate, DisodiumEDTA,  Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate,  Limonene, Linalool, Citral,  Geraniol 


Source 4

Lightening,Moisturizer,Nourishing,Skin Revitalizer

Ingredient : Cloud berry, Caviar


SMIM is the abbreviation of the Korean expression
“seu-myeo-deul-d”, which means to absorb or penetrate.

THE SMIM is THE FACE SHOP’s new revolutionary anti-aging skincare line infused with top quality fermented rice wine that deeply penetrates onto the skin to effectively restore the skins ideal moisture level and elasticity. It is the embodiment of naturalism translated into pre anti-aging skincare as it gently nourishes and soothes sensitive skin with its gentle eco-friendly formulation that is free of parabens, artificial pigments, benzophenone, synthetic fragrances and ingredients of animal origins.

-----------------------------------

 
 Info on the back of the sachet in Korean
I don't speak Korean >.<

I only got 1 sample sachet that contains about 2-3 ml. This was a freebie for me because I purchased several items from online shop.

I only have sample sachet

The Face Shop really put some effort into their packaging even in the level of sample sachet. I think the shape of sachet is cute : )

1 sachet is enough for 3-4 times usage. I usually used it for my entire face and half of my neck.

This is how the essence looks like

It has strong lemon smell. Actually I kinda bothered, because the lemon smell was pretty strong. The lotion took little time to absorb into my skin. It has medium consistency, not too thick, not too runny and not sticky, enough to be called as lotion. It is Moist type.
My skin profile is oily combination and sometimes dehydrated and I did not have any problem using this sachet. It managed to hydrate my skin.
I applied this essence by lightly massaging my skin and wait until the liquid absorbed before putting my make up on top of it. It made my skin supple and moisturized. But I had to be careful not to apply too much or else my face would tend to be greasy.

This essence alone is enough to give moisture for my skin. I did not dare to layer it with another skincare cream or lotion.

My skin was in the normal mode when I tried this, so it did not give me pimples or whiteheads. It did not clog my pores.

Here was my order of using it in the morning :
Toner -- > Smim Essence -- > BB Cream -- > Loose Powder

My order in the night :
Toner -- > Smim Essence

What I considered as plus point :
- hydrating/ moisturizing
- medium consistency, did not take too long to absorb
- made my skin supple and prevented dryness
- non sticky

What I considered as negative :
- perfumey
- alcohol
- strong smell
- Not suitable for sensitive skin

Who may suit it :
- don’t mind alcohol and perfume
- dry – normal skin
- looking for moist essence

Who may avoid it :
- total oily skin
- who looks for oil regulating skincare

This is the full size version
(Pic from The Face Shop)

Repurchase sample/ full size ? No. I don’t think it matches the need of my skin.

So, are u using any skincare or make up from The Face Shop? What’s ur fave product from this brand? Can u suggest me something?

Thank u for visiting this blog and have a nice day : )

No comments: