Saturday 29 December 2012

NATURE REPUBLIC FRESH GREEN TEA 70 TONER (Part I)

On last Friday, I took a walk to Tunjungan Plaza and went into The Body Shop to buy their Tea Tree Toner, unfortunately, they’re running out of it. So I walked to look around and dropped by at Nature Republic counter. There I saw this product and could not help my curiousity but to buy it.


Here I’ll write my First Impression on

NATURE REPUBLIC FRESH GREEN TEA 70 TONER
Hydration & Soothing Toner with Fresh Green Tea 180 ml/ 6.08 fl.oz

 This is the bottle and the box



  
These are several info on the carton box (pic above) :
MD WATER
7 NON ADDED FORMULAS
ECO- FRIENDLY PAPER
BRAILLE FOR THE BLIND 


The bottom of the box said : PRINTED WITH SOY INK

The box even has braille printing on it, how thoughful.

 The (Braille) dots on the box surface.
There are 2 instruction label on the box. One is the original printing of the carton box which is written in English and Korean. The other is sticker label written in Indonesian. Both of them has different arrangement in the ingredients list.
I wonder… This is not the first time I found something like this on Nature Republic package.

The left is Indonesian sticker label. The right is the original instruction printed on the box.
(Sorry for the low res picture, but I already write it down, read my info below)

Now I’ll write the info on the both label so u can compare it urself.


a. From Indonesian sticker label ----------------------------

FRESH GREEN TEA 70 TONER
Toner dengan kandungan teh hijau segar, memberikan kelembaban pada kulit.
Cara Pemakaian :
- Setelah wajah dibersihkan, gunakan secukupnya pada wajah.

INGREDIENTS :
CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF WATER, ETHYL HEXANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, AQUA, ALCOHOL DENAT, GLYCERIN, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, BETAINE, TREHALOSE, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTROL OIL, CARBOMER, ARGININE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUME) COMPONENTS AND FINISHED FRAGRANCES, DISODIUM EDTA, AQUA, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PORTULACA OLERACEA EXTRACT, SEA WATER, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, GLYCINE SOJA OIL, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA ROOT EXTRACT, CERTELA ASIATICA EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA FLOWER EXTRACT.

Distributed By :
PT. Emera Retailindo Plaza Permata Lt. 7 Jl. MH Thamrin No. 57 Jakarta – Indonesia
NA26121201962


b. From the original printing on the box ----------------------------

NATURE REPUBLIC
FRESH GREEN TEA 70 TONER (NO3777)
The toner supplies moisture nutrient formulated with fresh green tea leaves.

HOW TO USE:
After washing, gently spread over face,

CAUTIONS :
For external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Discontinue use if signs of irritation or rash appear. Keep out of reach of children. Replace cap after use.

INGREDIENTS :
CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF WATER, WATER, ALCOHOL DENAT, ETHYL HEXANEDIOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PEG-60 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SEA WATER, PORTULACA OLERACEA EXTRACT, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, GLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT, CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL, BETAINE, TREHALOSE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ARGININE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CARBOMER, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

-------------------------------------------------------

Well, look at the ingredients list, see the differences?

Price : Rp. 82. 600 (I got discount, the real price is about 118k, don’t remember, cmiiw)  

-------------------------------------------------------

7 free (paraben, triethanolamine, mineral oil, artificial dyes, animal material, benzophenone, talc)
-------------------------------------------------------

Packaging : Simple rounded transparent Green plastic bottle, with little hole to dispense the product. The bottle is sturdy enough. The cap is well tightened. And the hole of the bottle is pretty useful to control amount of product we want to take out. It’s safe even if u drop it, it wont be broken or spilled as long as the cap is in closed position. The size may not travel friendly but it’s ok for me.

Texture : Watery clear Liquid, Moist and fresh when applied, has a little bit cooling sensation, with fresh green tea scent.

Scent : Fresh Green Tea scent with a hint of alcohol-y smell. I can say that it’s medium scented. Some of u may be bothered. But for me it’s fine.

I’ve been using it about 2 days until I made this post. I tried to apply it after cleansing gel, alone, and after facial wash.
Lately my skin has been in a dry condition and I need something with hydrating properties. This toner felt moist on my skin but not overly rich.
My face skin feels cleared, hydrated and bit brightened after using this. This one is non- greasy in my opinion.
In my opinion, it’s suitable for all skin types. Altough I think that super duper oily skin who don’t like moist toner may not like it. Those who hate alcohol and fragrance may not like it too.
I have to careful with nearest area of mouth and eyes when using it. Because if it reaches those area, I feel a bit ‘stinging’ on my skin. The evaporation of the scent little bit bothers my eyes too.

Here is the commercial pic I took randomly from google


Ok, this is my first impression on this product and I’ll use it in some more time before I write a full review on it. So this post is to be continued in Part II.

Do u use any product from Nature Republic Brand? Share here, please^^ I’d like to know ur experience..

4 comments:

Xiao Vee said...

aku cuma prnh coba aloe vera yg 92% itu :D
toner ini ada bau alkoholnya ya? aku ga gt suka baunya kalo alcoholy gt >.<
ditunggu review selanjutnya ya ^^

Deasy W said...

oh, aloe vera ya, kayaknya itu emang produk fave-nya nature republic.
Toner ini masih ada bau alkoholnya. Mungkin buat sebagian orang bakal ngga suka.
Ok, masih di test ni sebelum bikin review betulan he he...
thank u udah mampir :)

Unknown said...

sorry agak nyimpang, tp daritadi aku liat tempat belanja produknya di mall2 sby gitu
kakak disurabaya tinggalnya?

Deasy W said...

Ngga, aq ngga tinggal di Surabaya. Berhubung mall2 yg paling lengkap kota besar terdekat ya cuman di Surabaya, ya aq slalu ksana kalau pengen liat2 kosmetik. Terutama yg merk Korea :)