Sunday 29 December 2013

Corine De Farme Radiant Complexion Moisturizing Care



Hello, dear readers

I’m back to write again after no post for long time. This time I wanna talk about natural skincare. Well, what kind of things usually cross your mind when u hear the words “natural skincare”?
We all know that many cosmetic brands nowadays realize how natural theme is getting more and more popularity. And there goes, many brands launch their skincare line and claim them as natural skincare. Well, I do have my own definition of Natural Skincare.
1. Uses as much as natural ingredients
2. Minimal artificial ingredients (such as artificial fragrance, coloring, preservatives)
3. Minimal harsh ingredients
At least those are my criteria. How ‘bout u?


Have u ever read about brand that claim as natural skincare but the fact it still uses many harsh chemical in it in pretty dominant percentage. Of course something like that often piss me off too. Natural skincare which uses high percentage of natural ingredients is hard to found. And here I begin my search.

Since I have sensitive skin, now I really want to ‘go green’. I want to use as much as natural resources in my skincare as possible. And also I want to eliminate alcohol from my skincare, because we all know that alcohol is bad for sensitive skin. Unfortunately my favourite cleansers Anna Sui Balancing Cleanser and Whitening Lotion both contains alcohol. I guess I won’t use it too often again.

So some days ago I came across Guardian Pharmacy in Galaxy Mall, I browsed for moisturizer for sensitive skin. The SA recommended Corine de Farme for me. She said that it was good for sensitive skin because it has high percentage of natural ingredients in it and it’s one of their best sellers. It was offered in discount, I just had to pay IDR 1000 for the second purchase. The price was IDR 175.000 and + IDR 1000, then I could bring home 2 same items. Ho ho… of course I would not miss it.
Corine De Farme is French skincare brand, and in Indonesia I only know that it is available in Guardian Pharmacy. Well, French skincare usually expensive, but it is still affordable for me.


Scanned Carton Box
Please CLICK TO ENLARGE the pic above (zoom)
so u can read the information written
and also see the ingredients list

This is how the product looks like

One thing makes me happy it uses pump bottle. It’s quite hygienic and we can easily control the amount of product we want to use. The pump is hard to dispense in the first time but I just had to press it again carefully and it worked normally.
Texture & Appearance: lightweight cream, milky white color, medium to mild fragrance smells sort of refreshing grass/ plants, non greasy, easy to absorb, non sticky, medium consistency.
I read that this product said to use vegetable and plants in the ingredients. However, I haven’t found any halal or vegan statement on this brand.
My skin reaction was good at the first usage. The SA was right when she told me that the formula was real gentle on skin. It really soothes my skin and hydrates. I find my skin becomes more hydrated and clearer after 10 days using it. It also does not clog my pores or causes any side effects for me.
I usually uses about 1-2 bean seed for entire face, I uses in generous amount at night. It takes little time to absorbed completely by my skin, maybe about 2-3 minutes. It has fragrance but the mild one, it does not bother me.
I like this product. It reall hydrates my face and really mild on skin.

Pros :
- High percentage of natural ingredients
- nice texture, lightweight and non greasy
- does not clog pores
- gentle on skin
- multifunction : face cream, neck cream, eye cream
- hydrates and soothes
- makes my skin brightened and remove dullness

INGREDIENTS : AQUA, GLYCERIN, CAPRYLIC/ CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, HYDROGENATED PALM KERNEL GLYCERIDES, POLYAMIDE-5, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, C14-22 ALCOHOLS, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PARFUM, DIMETHICONE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, VACCINUM VITIS-IDAEA SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES, C12-20 ALKYL GLUCOSIDE, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE. 1-2 HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, LITCHI CHINENSIS PERICARP EXTRACT, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, TOCOPHEROL, SORBIC ACID, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS SEED OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS LEAF EXTRACT.


Cons :
- bit expensive
- contains fragrance (although claimed as natural fragrance without phthalates )

So, I’ve been using it about a month and I really like it. I want to repurchase and also plan to try their other varian of moisturizer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hellooo, is it corine de farme produts are vegan? cause i've been searching for vegan makeup up remover that is affordable, and Corine has it. but, i'm lil bit worried. thank uuuu