I come back to file in something light for u to read. This time is about facial cleanser. As a lazy girl, I really realize how important it is to have all in one cleanser to remove our make up. When we get back to home, tired and sleepy, at least we can grab an all in one cleanser and cotton/tissue and quickly wipe our face with it before we snooze. Sleeping with ur make up on is a taboo, and the karma will be seen in the morning, ur clogged pores. Ok, I ever did it about 2-3 times, and I deeply regretted it.
When I search Ponds on the google, I find that Ponds product range that sold in Indonesia is different from those which sold in foreign countries and in its country of origin. This fact made me a bit curious, why they don’t sell ponds cold cream (which is quite famous out there) in Indonesia.
Ponds is known for their range of facial cleansers, facial wash and lightening cream. This was the brand which quite familiar for me and my friends when we were college student. They offer quite affordable price for their products, so teenager still can put it in their budget.
Back then, the pic below is the product that I frequently repurchased. The green Pond's shake and clean.
I took the pic from Pond’s site. This is the Clear Solution Line.
Ponds Shake & Clean from White Beauty line
Plastic transparent bottle with pink flower logo and POND’S written on it. It has flip cap. Maybe it looks simple and cheap plastic but it’s equal with the price.
Liquid 2 phase watery cleanser, cleansing and toning formula. U have to shake the bottle prior to use so those 2 different formulas can be joined and dispense it to ur cotton before the liquid separated again into 2 layers. The top formula is in pink color and the above is white transparent. There’s gonna be bubbles on top of the liquid after u shake it. This formula is water-based.
Price : Rp. 15.500 (about $2) I bought in Alfamidi Swalayan.
Link : http://www.pondsinstitute.com
This cleanser contains whitening agents and claims to promote brighter skin.
Here is the description from the packaging.
(It is written in Indonesian so dear my foreign readers please hit
the translate button on my side bar)
Ponds White Beauty™ Shake & Clean
kulit bersih, segar, tampak putih berseri
Netto 100 ml
Pond’s Shake & Clean, pembersih unik yang benar-benar terdiri dari 2 macam lapisan. Lapisan Pembersih & Lapisan Penyegar dalam satu botol. Kocok untuk menyatukan keduanya dan dapatkan pembersih yang sempurna.
Formula Pond’s Shake and Clean tidak mengandung kadar alcohol yang tinggi , sehingga dapat membersihkan sekaligus menyegarkan kulit wajah.
White Beauty, membantu membersihkan kotoran pada wajah, mengandung Vitamin B3 dan AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acid), menjadikan kulit wajah tampak cerah berseri.
Pond’s White Beauty Shake & Clean, kulit bersih, segar dan tampak cerah berseri. Lihat, coba dan buktikan sendiri.
Cara pakai : Usapkan secara lembut di seluruh wajah dengan menggunakan kapas, dan tepuk hingga kering.
1. Selama penggunaan hindari kontak langsung dengan sinar matahari.
2. Jangan gunakan di sekitar mata, mulut, dan membrane mukosa lain.
3. Untuk hasil optimal, gunakan bersama produk yang mengandung SPF min 15.
4. Jika terjadi reaksi hipersensitif (rasa terbakar, kemerahan) hentikan pemakaian.
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Alcohol Denat, Sodium Chloride, Potassium Lactate, Phenoxyethanol, Decyl Glucoside, Lactid Acid (0.2 %), Perfume, Niacinamide, Menthyl Lactate, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Hydrolized Conchiolin Protein, Cl 26100.
Produksi Indonesia untuk PT. Unilever Indonesia, Tbk
POM CA 18091205479, Merek Daftar R No. 435415
How do I use it?
This is how it looks like before I shake it.
I shake it until bubbles are formed on the top of the liquid. And then I put a few drops on my facial cotton sheet. After that I wipe my entire face and neck avoiding eyes and mucose area. I use it to remove my everyday make up that is including bb cream and loose powder. I haven’t tried to remove waterproof make up with it.
This is the look of the liquid just after I shake it. See, 2 layer formula blended into 1.
The cleansing power is good, I only have to wipe once or twice for every area on my face and I don’t use much product on my cotton. Press a little while u wipe ur skin. This one don’t leave any oil or film on my skin surface. The formula is also non greasy. A few minutes after using it, I don’t recognize any sign of oily/greasiness on my skin.
My skin is oily-combination and I can say that this product works just fine as a one-step cleanser. It dissolves my make up quickly and removes all traces of dirt and oil instantly, also I don’t have to use facial wash after this. I don’t have to maintain double cleansing as long as I have this product on my stack.
I need to put an underline on one thing. Like what’s written on the packaging instruction, this is not for eye and lip area. U have to keep it away from ur eyes and mucose area while using this. U can use another type of cleanser to clean eye and lip area such as Lip and Eye Make up Remover (Now I use Maybelline’s).
My skin tone seems lightenend a bit after using the product. I guess this product really does its promise.
This is the back of the bottle, contains product description. I’ve typed the description above.
What Skin Type it is for?
There is no description about what kind of skin it is for so I guess this product targets all skin type. But maybe I have a bit different opinion. I think this product is suitable for normal to combination-oily skin. As for dry skin, this one is not moisturizing enough and also contains alcohol as the top 4 ingredient. Like what u know that alcohol is drying.
For oily skin, there is another varian of Ponds shake and clean that perhaps can suit u better, the one with the green bottle from Pond’s Clear Solution line.
Packaging : fine bottle and cap, easy opened, easy to carry
Price : Affordable for 100 ml 1 step cleanser.
Availability : Easy to find on almost all local supermarket where I live
Cleansing Power : Good
Another Pros :
- Non greasy
- Contains Vit B3, and AHA
- There is no paraben on the ingredient list and no mineral oil
- Water based
- Remove make up quickly and instantly
- Non mineral oil
- help to brighten up skin
- Contains alcohol as top 4 ingredient
- Contains perfume, coloring, artificial preservatives
- Strong scent of parfume and alcohol
Who may like it :
- people like me who find it affordable, available locally, and instantly removes their make up
- don’t mind the alcohol, coloring, perfume, and the preservatives
- looking for non-mineral oil cleanser
- Looking for brightening/lightening cleanser
Who may not like it :
- hipersensitif skin
- don’t like alcohol, coloring, perfume, and the preservatives in this product
- dry skin who may find it less moisturizing
- looking for non-whitening cleanser
- Don’t like its strong scent
Will I repurchase? Well, maybe. This is a cheap alternative for a quick make up cleansing.
Note : This product works for me doesn’t mean it’ll do the same for u. Take a little test before using it in a full mode. Some people may be sensitive to some particular ingredient.
1. CYCLOPENTASILOXANE : Skin-Conditioning Agent - Emollient; Solvent;
Cyclopentasiloxane (cyclomethicone) is a silicon-based cyclic compound.
2. ISOHEXADECANE : is a high purity, iso-paraffin emollient and solvent used in cosmetics and beauty products. Although it is colorless and odorless, it creates a very creamy, thick formula. However, for all of its rich texture, Isohexadecane leaves a non-greasy, light and silky feeling on the skin. It is most often found in foundations, sun care products, lip products, deodorants and antiperspirants and makeup removers.
3. ALCOHOL DENAT : antifoaming agents, cosmetic astringents, solvents and viscosity decreasing agents.
4. SODIUM CHLORIDE : or table salt, is a white crystalline solid. In cosmetics and personal care products, Sodium Chloride is used in the formulation of oral hygiene products, shampoos, fragrance, skin, hair, nail, cleansing, suntan, makeup and bath products. It can also increase the thickness of the aqueous (water) portion of cosmetics and personal care products.
5. POTASSIUM LACTATE : Buffering Agent; Exfoliant; Skin-Conditioning Agent - Humectant; SKIN CONDITIONING. Potassium Lactate is a potassium salt of lactic acid.
6. DECYL GLUCOSIDE : Surfactant - Cleansing Agent; EMULSION STABILISING
Decyl glucoside is a glucose-based surfactant. Decyl glucoside is an extremely mild and gentle nonionic surfactant naturally derived from sugar. Decyl Glucoside is recommended for sensitive skin, facial wash products, shampoo and body wash.
7. LACTID ACID (α-Hydroxy acids, or ALPHA HYDROXY ACIDS (AHAs)), are a class of chemical compounds that consist of a carboxylic acid substituted with a hydroxyl group on the adjacent carbon. They may be either naturally occurring or synthetic. AHAs are well known for their use in the cosmetics industry. They are often found in products claiming to reduce wrinkles or the signs of aging, and improve the overall look and feel of the skin. They are also used as chemical peels available in a dermatologist's office, beauty and health spas and home kits, which usually contain a lower concentration. The most common and simple form of AHAs are glycolic acid, lactic acid, citric acid, mandelic acid.
8. NIACINAMIDE (Vit B3)
Also known as vitamin B3 and nicotinic acid, niacinamide is a potent cell-communicating ingredient that offers multiple benefits for aging skin. Assuming skin is being protected from sun exposure, niacinamide can improve skin's elasticity, dramatically enhance its barrier function, help erase discolorations, and revive skin's healthy tone and texture.
Topically applied niacinamide has been shown to increase ceramide and free fatty acid levels in skin, prevent skin from losing water content, and stimulate microcirculation in the dermis. It also has a growing reputation for being able to treat an uneven skin tone and to mitigate acne and the red marks it leaves behind (known as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation). It is an excellent ingredient for those struggling with wrinkles and breakouts. Niacinamide is stable in the presence of heat and light.
9. HYDROLYZED CONCHIOLIN PROTEIN: Skin-Conditioning Agent
Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein is a hydrolysate of conchiolin, a peptide covering the inorganic portion of the pearl shell, derived by acid, enzyme or other method of hydrolysis.
10. MENTHYL LACTATE : Flavoring Agent; Fragrance Ingredient; MASKING; REFRESHING.
Menthyl Lactate is an ester of menthol and lactic acid.
11. SODIUM HYDROXIDE : Denaturant; pH Adjuster; BUFFERING
Sodium Hydroxide is an inorganic compound used to control the pH levels or serve as a buffering agent in cosmetics and personal care products. It was historically used in the formulation of soaps, but is currently seen in a variety of formulas, including bath products, cleansing products.
12. PRESERVATIVES : BENZALKONIUM CHLORIDE and PHENOXYETHANOL
(Source : EWG site, www.truthinaging.com, Wikipedia, http://www.cosmeticscop.com, Etc)
Now u know what it is made of. It's up to u to decide whether this product is worth a try or not.
*END OF REVIEW*
Deasy (Blog) Diary
I write this blog secretly. I mean I keep it as secret from my 'everyday people around me' (read: people at work, neighbours, friends I hang out with, friends from where I studied, and family).
My main concern is MY PARANOIA
(In my imagination, those people will say…..)
1. Friends at work : “What are u doing? Don’t u have any else important things to do. And u started beauty blog, can u even call ur self a beauty?”
“(ramble… ramble…) look at our friend there, she must spend most of her salary to buy makeup and skincare, does she really has much money? Doesn’t she have any other important priority in her budget?”
2. My boss, my managers : “So this is why u always go home right after the bell rings out. This is why u always seem to be objected everytime I tell u to work overtime. What are u thinking? Do u want to be a beauty consultant instead of working here?“
3. Neighbours : “(grumble… grumble…) Look at our neighbor there. Do u even think that she is beautiful? Does she have something else to do instead of making crappy blog? Does the mother know that her daughter is wasting her time doing that? Let me ask her mother…”
4. Friends from where I studied : “Do u hear about our friend, she starts a beauty blog. Do u remember? She even don’t know how to dress or to wear make up.”
5. Friends I hang out with : “So this is why u look so busy lately and always making excuses when we ask u to hang out with us. Why do u do that (beauty blogging)? U don’t even get paid for that. And we know that u’re not that crazy about make up, are u?”
(Emm… Emmm… How should I explain it? Ok, I’m not a make up expert, up until now I still always need somebody else to draw eyeliner on me. But I like to blog about beauty.)
6. Family : “I think u better spend ur time with something else useful than this. U are already pretty without make up. Don’t spend too much on skincare and make up, u gotta save ur money for ur future”.
I always assume that only a beauty blogger/ beauty addict that understand why start a beauty blog, common people will always judge.
Ok, those are my worst imagination.. U can call me paranoid but those are things I’m afraid of….
*THE END OF MY SPIN OFF STORY*
PS : There's gonna be story Part II ha ha... (not important thing to say :))