Tuesday 29 May 2012

Wardah Lightening Face Toner Review

Wardah Lightening Face Toner

Hello everyone^^! It’s been a while since I’ve been lazy enough to update my blog. Here is another short review from me, this time I’m gonna review Wardah Lightening Face Toner.
I have browsed Wardah official website to get information about this product but it seems that the direction of usage on the official web is bit different than what’s written on the toner bottle.


U can visit the official site here :

Description from  Website:



Packaging Description :
Toner dengan pH balance mengandung ekstrak Licorice, Seaweed dan Vitamin E. Membantu membersihkan minyak dan sisa cleanser serta memberikan rasa nyaman dan segar di kulit wajah. Alcohol free, tidak membuat kulit kering.
Toner with pH balance. Contains licorice, seaweed & Vit E, helps to remove excess oil & cleanser. Rejuvenates & refresh your skin. Alcohol free, won’t dry your skin.
Cara Pakai :
Usap lembut dengan kapas ke seluruh permukaan wajah dan leher yang telah dibersihkan.
Direction :
Gently smooth with cotton on face and neck after cleansing.
Ingredients :
Water, PEG-4-Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine, Glycolic Acid, Niacinamide, fragrance, Sargassum Filipendula (Seaweed) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) Extract.
Netto 150 ml
POM CA 18091207602
Disertai Logo Halal dari Majelis Ulama Indonesia
Produced By :
PT. Paragon Technology and Innovation, Tangerang-Indonesia

These are the snap snap from my web cam

Plastic blue bottle with white cap




                I bought it from Hypermart for about Rp. 15.000 (around $ 2). This is quite affordable for 150 ml bottle. It claims to be alcohol-free but if u look at the ingredients list there is benzyl alcohol. I did not find any paraben/phenoxyethanol preservatives on the ingredient list, wonder if it is really free from them. I bought this because it’s cheap and said to be alcohol-free. This toner bit too scented, I’m sure there’s a lot of fragrance inside it.

Texture : White transparent liquid
 
                I have tried using it as cleansing toner after cleanser and the other time I used it after facial wash. I experienced redness every after using this toner so I stopped after 4 usage. I wont suggest it for those with sensitive skin like mine. I did not experience redness anymore after I stopped using this toner. Don't know what ingredients inside that irritate my skin, maybe the fragrance, I don't know...

Pros :
- moisturizing
- claimed to be alcohol-free
- contains whitening properties and nutrients such as vit B3 and vit E
- contains natural herbal ingredients such as seaweed and licorice
- affordable price for 150 ml n available locally here

Cons :
- Fragranced
- Irritant for my skin (causing redness)

Who may like it :
- Wants a lightening toner
- Don’t mind the fragrance

Who may not like it :
- Sensitive skin, acne prone and oily skin
- Don’t like fragrance in skincare

Repurchase ? No, sorry Wardah, I did not mean to hurt the image of ur product but this one did not work on me. Too bad coz I like ur loose powder and Wardah facial wash much.

Do u have any experience with Wardah Brand? I’d like to know ur story^^




4 comments:

Dini The Stories said...

waaah bikin redness ya di kamu, padahal aku jg pengen coba nie, untung udah km review.thanks looh..hehe

Deasy W said...

makasih uda mampir :)
kulit aq sensitif soalnya, sayang juga ini produk bikin redness di aq, untung harganya murah he he
tapi kulit tiap orang beda2 si

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deasy W said...

oo gitu ya, aq baru tahu juga, belum googling soalnya. thank u ya infonya