Saturday 6 April 2013

Powder Review : Sariayu Energizing Aromatic (Bedak Tabur) Loose Powder

Hi, dear readers

I'm back again after few days absence.
This time I take a break from reviewing korean products. Now I talk about Indonesian lokal brand Sariayu. If u live in Indonesia, I'm sure u must know about it. It's one of legendary brand in here and available almost on every store that sells beauty products.
In this post I want to tell u my experience using Sariayu Energizing Aromatic Loose Powder in shade 'Kuning Pengantin'.
Actually I supposedly post about this product long time ago since I purchased this product on November 2012 and now I don't use it anymore. Yes, Lazy me :) Lucky that I still keep the pictures of it.
Price : IDR 7k. Yes u hear me right, this powder costs under IDR 10k for 20gr.


Packaging :
This powder is contained in a jar plastic with a cap. The size is average, not too bulky imo. There's a separator lid between the cap and the powder. But unfortunately it does not have shifter, so u have to open the separator to get the powder. Oh, yes, I often spilled it when I open the separator lid. If only they made holes on the lid I'm sure the users would be happy not to accidentally waste the product.
The other thing that bothers me about the container is that the cap does not have 'turning lock' system. U can close the container just by attach the cap into the jar. The cap could accidentally detached if u drop it or if u shake it couple of times in ur bag.


This powder has fine soft texture which is easy to spreaded all over face. I usually used puff to apply this powder.
The coverage is pretty decent for a loose powder. It can conceal redness on my face, some light blemishes, some big pores and discoloration.
It also has smooth finish. I like the first look of this powder after applied on my skin.
This powder has no shimmer, so it's good for u who don't like blinky things on ur face.


------------------Product Information----------------


BEDAK TABUR
Plus Energizing Aromatic Kuning Langsat
Bedak Tabur dengan formula lebih halus dan lembut, sesuai untuk semua jenis kulit.
+3 Manfaat Ekstra :
* Minyak Essensial Cendana yang aromanya membangkitkan semangat & melembapkan
* Tabir Surya
Smooth and soft loose powder, suitable for all skin types

+3 Extra Benefit :
*Sandalwood Essential Oil for energizing & moisturizing effect
*Sunscreen

Ingredients :
Talc, Kaolin, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Mica, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Cl 77492, Zinc Oxide, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Cl 77491, Cl 77499, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil.

------------------o0o------------------

It has 'aromatic' in the title so no surprise that this powder has pleasant scent. But don't worry, for u who don't like scented product, the scent will fade away after u apply it.

The shade is rather yellowish I guess. Not only the shade that I picked but all colors preference in this line are yellowish, suit for people with yellow under tone. But I think the shade will suit most of indonesian women skin colors.

I would recommend it for dry/ normal skin because this powder is quite moisturizing. That is a good benefit.
It won't dry ur skin. The staying power is average I guess, u have to forgive since this is really cheap.


I have oily- combination type on my face skin, in case u haven't read my profile. This powder did not hold excess oil on my face. And after about 3 hours, when my face started to produce oil/ sweat, it looked cakey on me. The finish was not smooth anymore, it ruined my complexion. Too bad since this powder is really affordable and has decent coverage for a loose powder.
This powders pigment also easily transferred into my clothes.

I have been using it for about 2 weeks before I gave it to my friend.

Pros :
- cheap, very affordable
- easy to get if u live in Indonesia
- Moisturizing
- Soft texture
- Good coverage for a loose powder
- Contains natural ingredient
- 1 jar can last long
- Many shade varians
- easy to blend
- smooth finish

Cons :
- cheap packaging material
- thin sponge in low quality
- all shades available are yellowish
- scented
- cakey
- poor oil control
- so so staying power

Who may like it:
- Dry to normal skin
- want cheap loose powder
- have yellow undertone
- don't mind the scent
- don't mind the paraben

Who may not like it:
- oily skin
- don't like the smell and paraben
- have same problems as my self when using this powder
- want shimmering loose powder (this one is non shimmer)

Repurchase? No.

Well, Gals, Tell me ur opinion :)

2 comments:

Nandini said...

Suatu hari aku pernah bosen pake bedak Marcks dan beli bedak ini. Awet pake cuma sebulan, habis itu balik ke Marcks lagi sampai hari ini.. :)

Deasy W said...

Halo :)
ini memang bedak legendaris sariayu.
Inget dari mulai mama, temen2 sampai pembantuku dulu beberapa kali repurchase bedak ini. Murce abis ha ha
sayang ga cucok di aq.
kamu lebi suka marcks tow