Thursday 27 March 2014

The Body Shop Honeymania Review Part 3 : Body Butter and Eau De Toilette

Hello, dear readers



Pic taken from The Body Shop

Meet me again, this time still about The Body Shop brand. I will continue my review about Honeymania range. U can read review about Honeymania Lip Balm HERE and the shower gel HERE.  This time I talk about the body butter and eau de toilette. I got both of those products with 10% discount. The body butter for IDR 206.100 and EDT for IDR 170.100.




1. The Body Shop Honeymania Body Butter

Taken from The body Shop Web
The top cap is the same with body scrub in the Honeymania range
The different product tile is in the side of the jar

What TBS Said?
This luxurious Body Butter has a rich, floral scent. Each pot contains Community Fair Trade honey made from the nectar of thousands of wildflowers. Dip in for skin that feels silky soft.
  • 24-hour hydration
  • Leaves skin feeling softer and smoother
  • Buttery texture
  • Rich, floral scent
Massage into skin and leave to sink in before getting dressed.

Body Moisturizer with honey for dry skin. Not for facial use. Store in a cool place.
INGREDIENTS :
Aqua/ Water/ Eau, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter/ Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter/ Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter,
Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate,
C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Alba/ Beeswax/ Cire d’abeille,
Sesamum Indicum Seed Oil/ Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil,
Parfum/ Fragrance, Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil,
Dimethicone, Mel/ Honey/ Miel, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Xanthan Gum,
Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Geraniol,
Sodium Hydroxide, Linalool, Limonene, Citric Acid, Cl 15985/ Yellow 6,
Cl 19240/ Yellow 5.

Here is how the butter looks like

I use it for hands and my body except face. It’s so moisturizing. I think I don’t need hand cream, foot cream, cuticule cream since this one could replace them all, he he…
I like the texture, it’s buttery, of course because this is a body butter. The product melts immediately into skin when applied. Massage it gently to make it absorbs better. It forms a protective moisture layer on ur skin. Once it settles on ur skin, it won’t leave any sticky or greasy feeling.

Side view of the jar
product title written in there

The jar is made from plastick and quite good material. It's thick and not easily damaged.

This is one of the most moisturizing body product that I ever tried. The hydration can last for a day, up to 12 hours in my case. My body skin is dry type and sometimes could become very dry. This product is a savior for me.
I’m very happy to know that this product does not count mineral oil as its ingredient when we know many body moisturizers do.
It has nice fragrance just like other Honeymania product. But the fragrance does not last as long as the hydration effect. 1 jar maybe can last me about 1 month if I use it everyday in the morning and evening.

Pros :
- Very moisturizing
- Nice texture, easy melts to skin when applied
- Long time hydration and moisture protection
- Softening skin
- Nice scent
- Non sticky
- Easy to absorb
- Does what it claims for treating dry skin
- Active natural ingredient moisturizers on the top list
- No mineral oil
- No (drying) alcohol, no parabens
- Nice fragrance

Cons :
- expensive than other drugstore body butter
- no brand new seal when newly purchased (like other TBS products which have no seal)
- about 24 hours hydration claim, maybe just applied for normal skin. It lasts long but not quite 24 hours for dry and very dry skin. From my experience, dry skin needs to reapply after say 10-12 hours or might less depends on the condition.

Repurchase ? Definitely yes yes yes, when TBS has discount on it again.

2. The Body Shop Honeymania EDT

Taken from The Body Shop Web

This is the first fragrance product from The Body Shop that I bought. I fell in love with it since the first I smelled it. I never bought TBS EDT or perfume before since I very rarely bought expensive fragrance product. I know TBS has many nice perfume and EDT but I never so attracted to TBS fragrance like this before.

What TBS Said about this EDT?
Spritz on this light eau de toilette for deliciously floral-scented skin. Each bottle contains Community Fair Trade honey made from the nectar of wildflowers.
  • Eau de toilette
  • Light and wearable
  • Rich, floral scent

Ingredients :
Alcohol Denat. (69.9%), Aqua/ Water/ Eau, Parfum/ Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Mel/ Honey/ Miel, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Denatonium Benzoate.

The back of EDT bottle
The bottle is made from glass

What I can say :
Pros :
- Light but rich floral mix sweet honey scent, it’s unique scent imo
- the fragrance is everyday wearable for any occasion
- did not leave any bothering marks on clothes after sprayed
- the spray bottle easy to use
- contains Honey instead just fragrance : )
- travel friendly bottle
- I like the bottle design, with gold cap, simple but still looks nice to carry everywhere : )

Cons :
- the fragrance not quite longlasting, need to spray again after say 3- 4 hours maybe, depends on condition and activities
- The cap not tight enough, can easily off  
- no brand new seal (no protection seal for new product)

Repurchase ? Yes, I like the scent. I’ll repurchase when TBS has discount on this again.

From Honeymania range, there are 3 of them left I haven’t tried yet. Those are body scrub, soap bar, and bath salt. My next wishlist is the body scrub. I have tried it at the store and I fell in love with it. But I still have 2 big jars of body scrubs from local brands that still in full amount at home, so I plan to finish them first before buying another. And as for 2 other items I don’t plan to buy because I don’t use bath tub in my home so I don’t use bath salt, and for soap bar I’m not interested. I prefer liquid body wash than the solid one.

If I’m given the question to choose 3 most fave items from Honeymania range, *hard question >.< It would be Body butter, Lip Balm and EDT.

I love all the Honeymania products that I bought. I enjoyed using them so much.
What do u think? Share ur thoughts on comment.

Maybe u wonder why lately I often post more than 1 article in the same day and sometimes they out in the same hour too. It's because I can't predict when my laptop can get internet connection to open blogger.com and it's due to my activities too. So I update this blog whenever I have time to do it and I released any review that I have finished. If I have finished more than one, then I would post them all. Because every after finishing some review, I always want to publish it immediately to share it to my readers. Sometimes there days when I hardly get chance to open my blog, n I did not update for weeks. So I usually try to make it up to my readers by releasing more than one article in a day as soon as I have chance to open blogger.com.
Well, thank u for visiting this amateur beauty blog, hope u enjoy reading it : )

No comments: