Thursday 27 March 2014

The Body Shop HONEYMANIA Review Part 1 : Lip Balm

Hello, dear readers and lip balm mania


Who likes eating honey? I’m not really like to eat honey buat I do like honey for skincare since its very nutritious for skin. When The Body Shop first launched its Honeymania collection, I was super excited. I bought Honeymania Lip Balm For IDR 79.000. And several weeks after I bought, they slashed the price up to 20% for buying 3 selected products if I remember correctly and 10% if I bought only 1 or two products. Oh, if I had known, maybe I should wait, but I don’t think that I could wait because I was really thrilled to try this product since I read about many good reviews about it.

 Image from The Body Shop Site

The Body Shop Web says :

This luxuriously sweet lip balm contains Community Fair Trade honey made from the nectar of wildflowers. It has a sweet, floral scent and leaves lips feeling kissably soft.
  • Sweet, floral scent
  • For softer-feeling lips



INGREDIENTS :
VITIS VINIFERA SEED OIL/ VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED OIL, RICINUS COMMUNIS SEED OIL/ RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, CERA ALBA/ BEESWAX/ CIRE D’ABEILLE, PARFUM/ FRAGRANCE, SYNTHETIC WAX, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, AMMONIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, MEL/ HONEY/ MIEL, TOCOPHEROL, LIMONENE, BENZYL BENZOATE, LINALOOL, GERANIOL, CL77891/ TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CL 77492/ IRON OXIDES, CL 19140/ YELLOW 5 LAKE, CL 77491/ IRON OXIDES.

Top of the jar

 Side view

Nothing special about the packaging. It's juat a plastic jar. U can see the color of the product since it's semi transparent.

Here is how the balm looks like

The texture is like a balm and not buttery. It does not leave any stickiness after application. It coats my lips with moisture. It’s so fun to use, with that sweet honey aroma and nice texture. I can use it under lipstick and it will add some bit gloss to the lipstick. It will make my matte lipstick less matte.
This balm is easily gone if I eat and or drink. So it’s better to reapply it after meal for another dose of hydration. After this balm already gone from my lips, it leaves my lips soft and moisturized still. Oh yes, one more thing, this balm has sweet somewhat honey- sugary taste, but don’t eat it. In the sticker label written : Unfit for consumption.
I just used it for about 2 weeks until this review made and I noticed it did help little to reduce the darkening (pigmentation) on my lips. Maybe the result will be more obvious if I continue to use it regularly in longer time. Well, we’ll see, hope I can continue to see the better complexion on my lips.

 U can read product info on the label at the bottom of the jar

So, here what I can say.
What I like :
- non sticky balm texture
- hydrates my lips well
- did help to reduce darkening/ pigmentation on my lips with continuous use, although not drastic
- smells yummy honey
- tastes sweet :D
- packed in family size, 1 jar will last long
- only need little amount per use
- NATURAL KEY INGREDIENTS on top list
- various natural moisturizers

What I don’t like :
- jar packaging is very unhygienic
- perfumed, actually I prefer natural aroma original from its ingredients
- colorant, it’s not for tinted balm purpose, since it’s clear on lips better if no added colorant

I hope The Body Shop makes a lip balm that very much less synthethic and more higher percentage of organic natural ingredients.

Repurchase? I don’t know when I’ll be finishing it and I also have other lip balm. I think I have lip balm stock for a year full.

Overall I like this product and will continue to use it.

So,what do u think? Are u The Body Shop user too? What ur fave lip care product from The Body Shop? Share ur experience in comment. Until then see u again in my next post.

No comments: